OUR WOODWINDS SERIES
We’ve sampled a handful of top woodwind players at the Teatro delle Voci in Treviso. We present here the gorgeous sound of Stefania Maratti, an experienced flutist who plays her lovely pink-gold flute with lots of heart. Her instrument has lots of character, and it fits beautifully both in solo work and in orchestral contexts.
The Solo Flute features three full octaves, 3 dynamic layers for sustained articulations, 3 true legato articulations, 4 Round Robins for short articulations like Staccato. There’s a wide selections of effects like Flutter, Air Noises, Tongue Rams, Singed articulations. We provide you the ability to create your unique sound by mixing the 3 microphones positions (Close, Mid and Far). The script features our new Articulations Editor which allows to precisely control each of the articulations included and create your own ones.
The sampling was made with top quality gear: Schoeps microphones, Neve and Millennia Media preamps.
€109 / $109
Full version of Native Instruments Kontakt 5.5.1 or above is required
Windows XP / Vista / 7. Intelmac and Mac OS 10.5 or higher.
4 GB System Ram, 6 GB free on HD
When developing the library we tried to avoid over-processing the samples by using compression and normalization. Therefore we needed a special scripting device which could blend all the samples transitions in a very smooth and realistic way. We developed an external tool which analyzes the samples and imports this data into Kontakt called the Dynamic Control Engine. Thanks to the DCE, Kontakt knows the volumes of the samples currently playing in the instrument and matches the volume of the incoming samples with the previous ones.
In the end the DCE works flawlessly “under the radar” leaving the user free to enjoy playing and building his expressive legato phrases.
Furthermore, as you can see from the video below, the instrument features dynamic articulations like accented and crescendo attacks and the different legato articulations, dynamically controlled by the Pitch Wheel. This allows to craft beautiful musical phrases with a smooth beginning and a faded ending or abrupt accented notes with slurred passages along the way. The versatility of the DCE engine handles smoothly all these techniques.
- 6937 samples
- 5.45 GB ncw compressed sample pool (10 GB original sample size)
- 3 mic positions
- 3 octaves note range
- Vibrato, Non-Vibrato, Crescendo, Decrescendo, Accented
- Three types of True Legato: Tongued, Immediate and Expressive.
- 2 optional legato modes for quick runs
- Staccato and Staccato Tight with 4 RRs
- Min and Maj Trills
- Long FX: Flutter, Muted Flutter, Singed, Airsound, FX Menu
- Short FX: Note Breaks, Overblown Staccato, Tongue Ram
- DCE Engine for dynamic blending
- 3 dynamic layers for sustained articulations
- Articulation Editor
- Pitch-Wheel controlled sub articulations remappable to any CC
- Improved humanized tuning
- Automatic legato speed based on the analysis of your performance
- 17 Impulse Reverbs
- Animated GUI with many configurable parameters
- Ready-to-play presets